Position title: Professor, African Cultural Studies and English
- PhD’91 Cornell University
- MA’89 Cornell University
- MA’85 University of Ife, Nigeria
- BA’82 University of Ife, Nigeria
African, African American, and Caribbean literatures; postcolonial cultural studies; genre studies—history, theory, and sociology of drama; popular culture studies—art, music, and architecture.
- Taking African Cartoons Seriously. Co-edited with Peter Limb. East Lansing: Michigan State University Press, 2018.
- State and Culture in Postcolonial Africa: Enchantings. Edited. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2017.
- “Africa and the Post-Global,” Cambridge Journal of Postcolonial Literary Inquiry. Volume 3.3 (2016), & Volume 4.2 (2017).
- Special Topic: Contemporary African Drama and Theatre. Co-edited with Femi Osofisan and Don Rubin. Critical Stages, Issue 15 (June 2017).
- Audible Empire: Music, Global Politics, Critique. Co-edited with Ronald Radano. Duke University Press, 2016.
- African Diaspora and the Disciplines. Co-edited with James H. Sweet. 2010.
- African 297: African and African-American Linkages
- African 402: Theory of African Literature
- African 413: Contemporary African and Caribbean Drama
- African 802: Theory of African Literature
- African 901: Enchanting Modern: African Literature, African States